Spring Energized Seals
Spring energized seals and metal O-rings offer the highest sealing performance in the harshest industrial environments. These seals feature outstanding chemical compatibility, low friction, long service life, and durability in low temperature or cryogenic applications. Typical uses include compressed gas waterless fracking seals, LPG, and liquid nitrogen, as well as rotary, reciprocating, and oscillatory motions. Spring energized seals and metal O-rings deliver the ultimate sealing performance in a wide range of demanding environments.
Spring-energized is typically used in areas where elastomeric seals cannot meet the frictional, temperature, pressure, or chemical-resistance requirements of the application.
• Low and high-temperature resistance (-328°F to 500°F, -200°C to 260°C)
• FDA compliant compounds and designs available
• Exceptional resistance to chemicals and corrosion
• Provide the lowest coefficient of friction of all sealing materials
• Unlubricated dry-running capabilities
• Pressure for standard designs up to 3,000psi (250 bar)
• High pressure special seal designs up to 20,000psi (1380bar)*