Style 1116 Gasket Tape made of belt type, pure, virgin PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), which is an expanded form, having homogeneous structure characteristics, so it is industrial available to all type flanges or instruments.
Piping of wide aperture instrument, flange, gasket, manhole packeting, PTFE wrapped gasket, gasket for tank cover, widely in fields of industrial sealing material for steel works, heavy chemical industry, paper manufacturing, medicine, foods pharmacy, chemical fiber, ships, and chemical instrument concerned with petroleum.
Its features are:
- Made by 100% virgin PTTE
- It is corrosion-resistant for all common chemicals (Except melted alkali metals and fluorine gas at high temperature)
- Seals through a wide temperature range from -240 to 260°C
- Will not contaminate flow material, it is available to foods, drinks, pharmacy, paper manufacture, and chemical fiber
- Does not creep or creep or cold flow, stable sealing performance at flange and duct made of glass-lining and FRP
- Non –aging
- Quickly salvage damaged rigid metallic gaskets
Width Thickness Length
25 MM (1”) 0.25MM to 1.65 MM 4.5 to 15.2 M
50 MM (2”) 0.25MM to 1.65 MM 4.5 to 15.2 M
75 MM (3”) 0.25MM to 1.65 MM 4.5 to 15.2 M
100 MM (4”) 0.25MM to 1.65 MM 4.5 to 15.2 M
150 MM (6”) 0.25MM to 1.65 MM 4.5 to 15.2 M
*Any sizes can be quoted on request
- Select a tape width that is approximately 2/3 the width of the sealing surface.
- Remove dirt, particles, scale, and flow materials from the surface
- Lubricate the bolts and the underside of the nuts
- Remove the release paper from the adhesive
- Apply tape to sealing surface in whatever configuration necessary, pressing lightly to stick, and overlapping the ends about ½ inches at bolt holes.
- Tighten the bolts following standard torque sequences